For many organizations, ServiceNow is the service management portal of choice. With the ServiceNow Connector by SovLabs, it’s now possible to import, consume and manage vRealize Automation catalog items natively within ServiceNow. ServiceNow administrators can customize the catalog and request process directly within the ServiceNow platform, without any need for custom coding or intimate knowledge of the vRealize Automation API. End-users can request and manage vRA catalog items and inventory directly within ServiceNow. Coupled with the SovLabs ServiceNow CMDB Module, organizations can now fully realize the full potential of both vRealize and ServiceNow platforms.
The Latest Release Version and Notes are found here: Release Notes.
|ServiceNow||Kingston, London, Madrid, New York, Orlando|
|VMware vRealize Automation (vRA)||7.4+|
|VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO)||7.4+|
- Generate ServiceNow catalog item(s) from vRA catalog item(s)
- Graphically map fields between ServiceNow and vRA within ServiceNow
- Request vRA catalog item(s) from ServiceNow
- Automatically relate generated CIs to request when coupled with CMDB Module
- SovLabs Template Engine support for metadata injection and custom logic
- Map output metadata of vRA catalog item requests for consumption within ServiceNow workflows
- Ability to delete deployments and/or VMs from ServiceNow
- Request as ServiceNow user automatically maps to corresponding vRA user
- Service account based - no requirement for SAML or ADFS
- If Account used between SericeNow and vRealize (User Mapping Feature allows for mapping of ID’s across both platforms).
- Day2 vRA operations support within ServiceNow based on machine state and end-user entitlements
- Ability to customize workflow for each supported day2 operation
- Platform-native control for ServiceNow
- Managed and customized directly within ServiceNow
- Can be customized using ServiceNow constructs (catalog, workflow, etc.)
- Reduce administrative overhead for catalog management - No custom coding required
- Multi-tenant support
- Multiple vRA instance support
- Multiple vRA Business Group support from a single Catalog item (User Seleactable or dynamically assigned)
- Do not support “external source” Property Definition lookups.