It is recommended customers with ServiceNow Connector upgrade to the latest release.
The Latest Release Version and Notes are found here: Release Notes.
1) Install the latest SovLabs Plug-in for VMware’s vRealize Automation
2) Determine which version of the SovLabs ServiceNow Connector that is currently installed
- In ServiceNow instance, type in “Retrieved Update Sets” in the left pane
- Find the SovLabs Connector Update Set(s) that is/are “Committed” by searching ‘Retrieved Update Sets’ and look for the ‘newest’ version.
- Please contact email@example.com to obtain appropriate download links
Note: It is possible to need to install multiple Update Sets sequentially in order to go from older versions (2018.1.x) to the latest version
3) When committing an upgrade Update Set, please Accept Remote Update when running a Preview and then Commit.
4) Please reboot the primary Mid Server for ServiceNow Connector after an upgrade.
5) A new prerequisites is required for versions 2018.3.0.1 and above. Set All Application Access for table with name:
question_choice (Label: Question Choice):
- Go to System Definition > Tables > question_choice
- Go to Application Access
- For All application scopes, make sure Can read, Can create, Can update, and Can delete are checked
6) To Validate the Update Set and SovLabs Application are installed correctly in ServiceNow do the following:
- In ServiceNow instance, type in “Retrieved Update Sets” in the left pane * Find the SovLabs Connector Update Set(s) that is/are “Committed” *
- Rerun the SovLabs Installation Wizard and validate all checks pass. Browse to SovLabs > Installation Wizard. Click Begin Installation to run the Wizard in the new browser tab.
Note: If desired, previous Update Sets can be removed via the docuemented back-out Process UpdateSet Removal.