With the SovLabs SolarWinds IPAM module for vRealize Automation, organizations who utilize SolarWinds for centralized IP address management now have a fully automated method of obtaining and releasing IP addresses as the cloud environment dynamically scales. IP subnets can now easily be shared between vRA deployments and alongside existing tools and devices without fear of IP conflict.
|SolarWinds IP Address Manager||4.3.x, optimized for 4.5.x and 4.6.x|
|VMware vRealize Automation (vRA)||7.x|
|VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO)||7.x|
|EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC)||4.x|
Quick Start Process
- Define SolarWinds endpoint
- Define IPAM profile
- Apply to existing blueprint and provision!
1. Credential Requirements
- SolarWinds 4.5.1+
- Set Allow Administrator Rights to Yes on User Account
- Under IP Address Management Settings set IPAM Roles & Permissions to Admin
- SolarWinds 4.3.x and 4.4.x
- SolarWinds database account with permissions to execute SET/GET queries
- SolarWinds 4.3.x and 4.4.x only support IP address management with SovLabs and not DNS management.
2. Subnet(s) should be static IP ranges (not DHCP)
3. Subnet(s) should have gateways and reserved IP addresses marked appropriately.