The SovLabs F5 Module for vRealize Automation sets a new standard in application delivery controller integration technology by bringing F5® BIG-IP® onto the vRA Blueprint Canvas and providing flexible deployment models and a lifecycle that is fully managed in vRealize Automation. Optional custom naming policies for F5 BIG-IP VIPs/Pools, IPAM integrations for F5 BIG-IP VIP assignment and DNS registration are also available out of the box. F5 BIG-IP is now a first-class citizen in vRealize Automation.
With the SovLabs F5 Module for vRealize Automation, vRA administrators and architects can now dynamically create or include existing F5 BIG-IP VIPs in vRA Blueprints. Take advantage of F5 BIG-IP features such as iRules® directly within vRA blueprints for consumption by developers, IT staff, or end-users.
|F5 BIG-IP||11.5+, 12.x, 13.x|
|VMware vRealize Automation (vRA)||7.2+|
|VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO)||7.2+|
|EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC)||4.x|
Quick Start Process
- Define F5 BIG-IP endpoint
- Drag, drop and modify the F5 Virtual component and link it to dependent machine components in the vRA Blueprint
- A user account configured in F5 BIG-IP®:
- Role: Administrator
- User account has
- Add/Remove F5 BIG-IP Virtual Servers
- Add/Remove F5 BIG-IP Pools
- Add/Remove F5 BIG-IP Nodes and Pool node members
- Optional: Add F5 BIG-IP Virtual Server iRules, Add F5 BIG-IP Server/Client SSL Profiles, Add F5 BIG-IP Pool Health Monitors