Backup as a Service for Veeam
The SovLabs vRealize Automation Backup-as-a-Service module for Veeam enables organizations who utilize Veeam for backup and recovery to now have fully automated policy-driven backups and self-service VM and file-level recovery directly within vRealize Automation, reducing the support burden, lowering risk and increasing end-user satisfaction.
|VMware vRealize Automation (vRA)||7.x|
|VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO)||7.x|
|EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC)||4.x|
Quick Start Process
- Define Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager endpoint
- Define Veeam Backup Profile
- Configure notification
- Apply to existing blueprint and provision!
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager is properly configured
- Service account with Administrative privileges on the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager(s)
- Existing Backup Job(s) on the Veeam BEM Endpoint(s)
- Existing File Level Restore (FLR) Configuration on Veeam BEM Endpoints(s)
- FLR is a required “appliance” setup that makes Linux/Unix-type (non-Windows) restores are possible.
- This must be accomplished before any restores are possible, but after you have at least one restore point for a VM that is using one of these operating systems.
- This process only needs to be done one time, and will cover creation of FLR Appliances for all non-Windows restores on this Veeam server.
- In Veeam Backup and Replication Console, in the bottom left pane, click on BACKUP & REPLICATION button.
- In the top left pane, expand Backups and click on Disk.
- The central pane will now fill up with folder(s) that contain current backups. Expand any one of the folders and right click to open the menu.
- Select Restore guest files > Linux and other…
- The Guest Files Restore Wizard will now open.
- Click the Next > twice (default are okay on these pages), or until the left pane shows you are on the Helper Appliance page.
- Click the Customize button and the FLR Appliance Configuration dialog appears.
- Follow the instructions on the FLR Appliance Configuration by choosing Host, Resource pool, and Network.
- The Obtain an IP address automatically radio button should be checked
- The Enable FTP server on appliance (advanced) and Restore from Novell Storage Services (NSS) file system checkboxes should both be unchecked.
- For more information visit the online Veeam Helpcenter, go to Search text and enter restoring vm guest files flr. One of the results should say Linux, Unix, and so on - this is the definitive guide to correct FLR setup.