1. Credential Requirements
- SolarWinds 4.5.1+
- Set Allow Administrator Rights to Yes on User Account
- Under IP Address Management Settings set IPAM Roles & Permissions to Admin
- SolarWinds 4.3.x and 4.4.x
- SolarWinds database account with permissions to execute SET/GET queries
- SolarWinds 4.3.x and 4.4.x only support IP address management with SovLabs and not DNS management.
Starting with version 4.5.x, SolarWinds is managed via REST API. SolarWinds versions 4.3.x and 4.4.x manage the SolarWinds database directly. No REST API.
2. Subnet(s) should be static IP ranges (not DHCP)
3. Subnet(s) should have gateways and reserved IP addresses marked appropriately.