Upload SovLabs XML Update Set File
1. Login to ServiceNow
2. Go to System Update Sets > Retrieved Update Sets
3. Select Import Update Set from XML
4. Click on Choose File
5. Select the XML update set file provided by SovLabs, and click Upload
Install SovLabs Update Set
1. In Retrieved Update Sets, click on SovLabs Connector
2. Click Preview Update Set
3. There should be no errors. If there are, correct them before continuing.
4. Click Commit Update Set to load SovLabs Connector into your instance of ServiceNow.
5. Find the SovLabs category in the navigation bar and select Installation Wizard
- If you do not see it, you may need to logout and log back into ServiceNow.
6. Click on Begin Installation to run the installer
- The Installation Wizard will go through a series of checks and installation steps. If at any point in the installation there is an error the wizard cannot correct on its own, it will stop and provide an error message with next steps.
- The installer is idempotent, so it can be re-run at any time without deleting or overwriting existing records.
7. Wait for the installation to complete. If the message at the top of the screen states successful install, you can ignore the red results. Those are normal and only showing what needed to be installed.
Troubleshooting JAR file
1. Restart the MID Server services for the MID Server associated with the ServiceNow Connector.
2. Wait for MID Server services to start
3. Re-run the SovLabs Installation Wizard
If you are unable to Restart the MID Server services, please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to MID Server > JAR Files
2. Select the SovLabs Plugin and open the attachments
3. Download the
.jar file by clicking on the attachment link
4. Change the Application Scope to SovLabs Connector to allow editing of the Record:
- Click Gear icon at the top-right of the menu
- Select Developer, and choose application SovLabs Connector
- Close out to save
5. Remove the
.jar file from the attachments and click Update
6. Select the SovLabs Plugin record again
7. Add the
.jar file downloaded in Step 3 back as an attachment and click Update again
- This will cause the JAR file to be published to the MID Servers
- Wait at least 10 minutes for the publishing to take place (time may vary)
8. Switch the Application Scope back to Global
9. Re-run the SovLabs Installation Wizard
Add SovLabs License
1. Select SovLabs > Licenses
2. Click New
3. Paste in license text, including top line that starts with
Set up vRO Server in ServiceNow
1. Select SovLabs > vRO Servers
2. Click New
3. Fill out the form for the vRO server and submit. The ‘Optional’ vRA Service Account and Password fields will generate a new vRA Host Connection if used. (If left blank the default vRA Host connection will be used.)
Note: If the server cannot connect it will throw errors as shown below.
SovLabs ServiceNow Workflows
The workflow does not need to specifically be SovLabs - Request vRA Catalog Item
Any custom workflow chosen needs have SovLabs - Request vRA Catalog Item as a subflow (for approvals, notifications, etc, and at the time the provisioning is to be done)